Wednesday, November 9, 2011

First Post!

I use afternoons to clean up my DVR queue.   What was on the agenda for today?   Last night's Millionaire Matchmaker, Chopped, and some recent episodes of Fashion Hunters.   The first two were unremarkable but watchable, enjoyable.  Now, Fashion Hunters is a different story for me.

I want to like this show.  I want to be a Bravo fan, but I have some issues with it.  I like the premise of modern day treasure hunters.   That's why I also watch shows like Pawn Stars or American Pickers- even Antiques Roadshows.  It's fun to see people find value in others' unwanted things.  The Fashion Hunters cast, though, seems greedy and unlikable.   I know they are running a business so money making is key, but they are like vulchers they way they paw (claw? what are vulcher hands called?) all over people's things.   This episode the yeti girl put her big ass feet into someone's size 11 shoes in a diner. ( Get it?  A yeti is big foot, ha ha).

Additionally, Ambria is just plain annoying.  Focus on the clothes not these girls' un-entertaining lives.  We also had the treat of watching Wilson eat dinner with Karina's family.   Wilson is the only beam of sunshine in the show's cast, but I am a sucker for the token fabulous gay sidekick.   Karina's family seems as yawn inducing as everyone else in the shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment